Wednesday, February 3, 2010

[Un]Discovers: James Douglas Pfautz

Sometime ago, I have come across this person's model mayhem profile and at that time, I have told myself, "This guy has the potential to go far". Even though I have clicked the friend request, it has taken him awhile to get his approval and I believe this is because he wants to make sure my works are good for his taste. This model name is James Douglas Pfautz.

Recently, I have asked him if he wants to be featured in this blog and I am glad that he agrees to it. The follow is a list of questions I have asked and you can sense how humble he is when you read his answers.

Photographed by Sean Turi

Hey James, so tell me what makes you want to be a model and how did that happen?
Becoming a model and pursuing future aspirations comes from what I feel is naturally in me. Modeling means so many things to how I believe I should be living a healthy life. Before I said,  "lets really pursue this", I was working for John Varvatos at several boutiques and sometimes in their main office. Granted I loved the designers work, but my life outside of work was non-existent and took me two years of self actualization to see that, "wow, I'm unhappy." I didn't want to be in my mid-thirties and look back and be like, "what did I do with the last ten years." So this is where I am at now, not ignoring friend and families consistent support to model because of my potential I have and the freedom I desire in life.

Photographed by Brandon Thompson

I have seen a few shoots from you and they look great. Up to this day, what is the most interesting shoot you have ever done?
I do believe I am going to re-write this answer many times over due to the complexity of shoots and the rising talent of photographers in our era. Plus I don't think I have even scratched the surface of who and what I will be collaborating with. It's a great feeling. My shoot for Roni studio in Manhattan to date was my personal best due to the utilization of not only my look for Ralph Lauren, but my ability to breakdance. The first edit was a spread with me performing a 2000's, which in essence is a circular handstand juggling between arms. I swear it's cool.

Photographed by Roni Studio

Juggling and photo shoot? That is an interesting idea! What is the goal for your modeling career? If you have a choice, what magazines do you want to see yourself in?
The overall goal of modeling is to be remembered. Not necessarily ionic, but ore of a mutual respect through the kindness, professionalism, and product I deliver. The limit to my own success is essentially what I put in at the end of each day. I currently am in several submission processes for up and coming magazines, stay tuned for that. If the world was perfect and I had my choice, most likely featured in or on the cover of Details, Esquire, Men's Health, and GQ.

Photographed by Journey Gong

High five for GQ. That will be my goal too! I hope one day I will have an editorial shoot feature in the magazine and with you as the model!  Do you have any photographers you want to collaborate? If so, who do you want to collaborate with?
I have a growing list of photographers that a collaboration would be such a blessing for me. Trying at the
moment to schedule with a talented lady by the name of Alicia Calton from Kentucky. I know, I know...
It's in the middle of no-where but she is really the future of young photographers in this industry. On top
of that I believe a collaboration with Vered Koshlano, Brandon Thompson, Marcus Kan, and Jon Malinowski is going to be what boosts me in the next year.

Photographed by Zeke

You have my name on your list, that's a good sign for me. Thanks for that! Other than modeling, what kind of things do you like to do in your spare time ?
Yes, modeling is a huge part of my day, but my spare times revolves around a combination of family, friends, acting, traveling, and real estate. Most of the time you can catch me at Crunch Union Square battling through an intense workout, and I mean intense. Other than that, I am really an International Man of Mystery when it comes to where I will be one day to the next. I think this is why I thrive and hunger for more and the new experiences every day that I live.

Photographed by Brandon Thompson

I have a feeling I will have a tough time finding you in the future since you will have a lot of great opportunity come to you this year. Finally, if you had the fame like Aston Kutcher, What kind of things you want to try out other than modeling?
Fame is something that can be abused, like a drug obviously. Something to be careful with and understand the responsibilities of having such a power is essential. I personally would just want to keep moving in a direction of TV and Film along with putting investments away for future endeavors.

Photographed by Journey Gong
------------------------------------
Modeling is a very cool career but right now, I just want to know him on a more personal level. Because of that, I have asked him 10 mini questions and here are the answers.

Indoor or Outdoor shoot?
Outdoor. I think it's because I feed off of my surroundings and love the complexity of dealing with a crowd, cold weather, or other factors. It makes you appreciate a studio setting in the long run.

Nikon or Canon?
Nikon. Why um..... I don't personally shoot, but most of the time all photographers I work with are on a
Nikon body.

Nike or Adidas?
Adidas. Used to collect vintage sneakers

Dolce & Gabbana or Prada?
OOO....hmmm. Prada. Except Prada sneakers.... they are always going to look bad.

New York or LA?
The city so nice they named it twice.... New York, New York.

Photographed by Roni Studio

Soho or 5th Avenue?
SoHo. Neighborhood feel with out the crowds and pretension uptown

Summer or Winter?
Winter. You actually find out who knows how to dress and whop does not. Learn your layering
people.

GQ or Men's Health?
GQ, overall.... but Men's Health is right with GQ because of my fitness/wellness obsession.

R&B or Techno?
Techno is Dead. House and Electro is where it's at.

Hamburgers or Hot Dog?
Hamburgers... but not often. Turkey burgers work?????

Thank you so much to James for giving me this opportunity to ask him some questions and share with the readers. I am really looking forward to work with him in the future because I know he has a lot of potential to be a great super model. I hope that one day he will be this blog's feature knight in the future. If you would like to work with him, you can visit his Model Mayhem page and drop him a line. James, best of luck to your modeling career!

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff! This kid is going somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah definitely! He has the whole package for being a great model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are amazing James!! I always knew you had the potential do do whatever it is your heart should desire. You deserve everything that comes your way... just don't let the fame go to your head, remember where you came from and where you want to go and you should be livin' the sweet life.

    Much love, Miss Mariss

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...